Topics discussed will include catch crop options
To further help farmers deal with the current fodder challenges, Glanbia Ireland (GI) are holding additional meetings to provide "technical and fodder planning advice for livestock farmers".
The first of the meetings will take place in the Woodlands Dolmen Hotel in Carlow at 8pm tonight (Monday). The others will be held in Wicklow and Cork on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The following topics will be discussed at each event:
• Dealing with the current grass shortage and winter fodder planning (Martin
Ryan, Feed Technical Support)
• Catch Crop options (David Leahy, Tillage Technical Support)
• Case Studies - Dealing with fodder shortages (Martin Ryan and Willie
Darmody, Feed Technical Support)
• Animal Health & Cow Fertility (Shane McElroy, Glanbia Vet)
• Glanbia Extended Credit Scheme (Brian Hanafin, Milk Pool Development