Be responsible pet owners in Carlow
Rathvilly Tidy Towns is calling on people to be a "responsible Rathvilly citizen and pet owner" and pick up their dogs' faeces.
They have warned of the dangers of dog fouling - particularly for children - and have encouraged people to pick up bags in the local shop.
The group said: "You may have noticed around the village new dog fouling signs. Dog mess may seem a small problem but it has potentially harmful and long-term consequences.
"Adults can identify and avoid such obstacles but a child is not so aware. Illnesses can occur from dog mess, such as Toxocariasis, which is a caused by a parasite which can cause blindness."
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.